Hi guys! Can you believe that the New Year is here!?!? We wanted to share a fun and easy jello-shot recipe with you, we know how crazy life can get but dispite how busy we get it is always nice to have a bit of fun! We hope you enjoy these jello-shots and we wish you a happy and safe new year’s eve!
Champagne Jello Shots :
A sparkly gelatin alcoholic treat
- Prep Time: 5 minute
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours
- Yield: 12 Jell-O shots
- 1 cup sparkling cider or lemonade
- 2 packets gelatin (.5 ounces total)
- 3/4 cup sweet sparkling wine, like spumante
- 1/4 cup vodka or flavored vodka
- sanding sugars
- Prepare molds. (I used plastic shot glass cups, but you can also use cupcake wrappers or mini-muffin tins.) Spray them lightly with cooking spray. Sprinkle the sanding sugars in the bottoms of the molds.
- Soften gelatin. Whisk together sparkling cider or lemonade with 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over top and allow to rest for 5 minutes until gelatin is softened and the liquid’s surface appears slightly wrinkled.
- Dissolve the gelatin. Warm the liquid over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Do not let boil. Remove from heat.
- Add liquor. Whisk in the vodka and champagne.
- Fill the molds. Distribute the liquid evenly among the molds. Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours before serving.
- Serve. If using a mold (in lieu of cups), dip bottom of pan into hot water for 5 seconds. Run a paring knife around the edge of the Jell-O to loosen. Flip out the molds onto a wax paper-lined surface. Keep chilled until serving. Sprinkle with more sanding sugars before serving.
I tried both lemon vodka and plain vodka in this recipe, and both were excellent.