Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone! Here is one of our favorite dips and it’s a perfect dip to bring to a Cinco de Mayo party! We hope you guys enjoy this as much as we do!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (plus extra for garnish)
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups corn kernels, either cut from the cob or thawed frozen
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and stem removed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (plus extra for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions (plus extra for garnish)
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese (plus extra for garnish)
- Food Should Taste Good Blue Corn Tortilla Chips, for serving
- To a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, cumin, chili powder and a dash of salt and black pepper to taste. Mix until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Add the butter to a large skillet, and melt over medium heat. Add the corn kernels and jalapeno. Cook for 7-8 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to the bowl with cream cheese mixture. To the bowl, also add the cilantro, green onions and cotija cheese. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the dip into a serving bowl and garnish with additional chili powder, cilantro, green onions and cotija cheese. Enjoy immediately
For more delishious recipes like this check out cooking and beer.com