Champagne-Elderflower Cocktail with Pear and Thyme
Happy New Year!!!!! We decided to share a few fun recipes with all of you. We have two drink recipes followed by a appetizer and a sweet treat! All of these are a perfect something to make for a new years eve party tonight or you can just make them for yourself! We hope you enjoy each one of these recipes and we hope that you have a blast saying goodbye to 2016! Have a safe and happy new year everyone! Xoxo – The Travel and Treats Team
- For the Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 ripe pear, cored and chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- For the Cocktails
- Ice cubes
- Pear and thyme simple syrup
- Elderflower liqueur
- Andre Extra Dry Champagne
- Make the simple syrup. In a medium saucepan, combine all of the ingredients over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the saucepan from the heat, cover and set it aside for about 1 hour to cool. This will also give the flavors time to further develop. Strain the simple syrup, collecting the liquid into a clean re-sealable container. Discard the solids. Store the simple syrup in your refrigerator until you’re ready to use it.
- Make the cocktails. Place a few ice cubes into a 6 ounce glass. Add 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) each of the simple syrup and elderflower liqueur. Top with Andre Extra Dry Champagne. Garnish with a sprig of fresh thyme, if desired. Serve and enjoy.