We are going to take a wild guess and say that its safe to say that like the rest of us, you have had a crazy year…and now new years eve is here and you are rushing around trying to find fun appetizers for your party tonight… Well don’t worry cause we found a appetizer that we think you and your guests will enjoy, plus it’s easy to make so you dont have to stress about it plus it shouldn’t take you more than a half hour to make! We hope this helps you out, now stop worrying about what food you will make and go pick out your outfit for tonight! Remember to have fun tonight but also stay safe! Happy New Year from The Travel and Treats Team
CHEESY MEATBALL BITES
Author: Butter With A Side of Bread
- 1 8-oz can Pillsbury Crescent rolls
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- about ½ cup marinara sauce
- 12 meatballs (I used pre-made, frozen ones)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a regular sized muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Unroll crescent dough. Separate into 2 large sections along the perforated edge. Cut each of the 2 large sections into thirds, then divide those sections down the middle, so that you have 12 squares total. (See video- it’s much easier shown!)
- Press each square into one of the muffin cups, doing your best to press down into the cup and somewhat up the edges.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons of marinara sauce into the bottom of each cup. Follow with a small spoonful of mozzarella cheese. Place 1 meatball (they can be frozen still, no need to pre-thaw!) into the center of each cup. Spoon another 2 teaspoons of marinara sauce on top of the meatball, then finish with another sprinkling of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until crescent dough is golden brown and cheese is bubbling. Remove from oven. Let cool a few minutes, then remove each meatball bite from the muffin pan. Serve with additional marinara sauce, if desired.
Recipe by Butter with a Side of Bread at http://butterwithasideofbread