St Patrick’s Day is almost a week away, can you believe it?!?! Where is all the time going? Anyways, since most holidays have themed pastries we figured we would combined our love of pastries with our love for Guinness!
I found this recipe on the blog Rick on the Rocks! This recipe is super easy to follow and the cupcakes are super yummy! I personally was not a fan of the Bailey’s Frosting but some of our staff loved it, so I ended up making half with the Bailey’s frosting and I just made a buttercream frosting for the other half! I hope you guys love these cupcakes as much as we do,make sure to let us know what you think! Happy St . Patrick’s Day!!!! Xoxo – Gabi
Guinness Cupcakes with Bailey’s Frosting Recipe
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
6 oz Guinness
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 tbsp vanilla
1/4 cup sour cream
Preheat oven to 350
1. Whisk together cocoa, sugar, flour, baking soda and salt.
2. In another bowl, combine the Guinness, melted butter and vanilla.
3. Beat in eggs and sour cream until combined and smooth.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
5. Line muffin pan with paper liners.
6. Fill each about 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
1/4 cup Butter
2 cup Powdered Sugar
2 tbsp Bailey’s Irish Cream
Cream butter until fluffy.
Slowly add powdered sugar.
Add Bailey’s until right consistency is achieved.
Transfer to piping bag and frost cupcakes.
Dust with a little cocoa powder if desired.